Saturday 25 June 2016

My Happy Space


When I first started doing yoga it was just with the intention of exercising. It was a really wonderful way to stretch and strengthen my muscles. Physically it felt great! However once I realized there was so much more to yoga than physical practice , I really fell in love with yoga. The first time I did a very simple breathing technique I immediately felt calmer, more centered, and a real connection with myself. Once I started to connect my breath with my physical practice it totally changed my practice. It was like I could connect with each posture more completely and could understand my body better.

Sharing yoga with different teachers, hearing different messages of love,kindness, and connecting with our true Selves , setting intentions for on and off the mat , these things have taught me so much! They have also set me on my own path of discovery and a willingness to be receptive to life's guidance. I've really learned that I am the one in charge of my own happiness, that's a little scary but also very empowering! It's becoming easier to sit in silence with myself and to enjoy the space I find there and the secrets I sometimes discover. 

Yoga has taught me to trust myself, love myself and reminded me I'm worthy of these things. I am also more confidant than I ever was before  because of these realizations. I understand that if I truly want to be able to share love and joy and trust with others I have to start with myself. I know now the importance of serving others without any expectations of pay back, this is how I can have a positive impact in the world. Even though I have so far to go and so much to learn I feel like I am on the right path and headed in the right direction. This is something I was searching for , although I wasn't aware of it, and I can't wait to see where it takes me next!

By a very grateful student 

No comments:

Post a Comment